Sunday, February 15, 2009

Finish the Floor

Today I finished the floor. The rear floor had been installed but needed to be bolted down. I ran out of the closet bolts that I bought, so I found some different ones that I had at my plant. They are black and have an allen key, but were similar in size. The Airsteam bolts were self tapping and my new bolts were not, so I had to drill the floor and then tap each hole before with a 1/4-20 tap, so I could secure the bolts to the floor. It did not take as much time as I expected. I also added some thread lock to the bolts before I screwed them down. I had a small section of floor in the front of the trailer (24"x 35"), that still needed to be filled. I was able to do this in a short amount of time. It was cut to size and bolted to the new frame members and to the C-channel in the wall. It is nice to be able to walk in the trailer and not fall through to the ground. With all of the floor in, I was able to start to re-attach the interior walls. I had a purchased a hydraulic rivet gun from Harbor Freight. The dam thing will do a bout 100 rivets and then I need to re-fill it with more hydraulic fluid. Needless to say, every time I pull the trigger it sprays a nice mist of fluid all over the place. I have taken the dam thing apart, but can not figure out what seal is bad. I'm close to being done, so I may just deal with it. I had to finish the day a little early because I had to get to a Xavier basketball game.

No comments: