Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Clean up and rivet

Tonight after work I finished attaching the interior walls to the C-channel. When this was done, I started to clean out the interior. I took everything I could out of the camper, so I could get ready to clean all the wall and do some painting. I even took out the old fridge. It was only attached to the camper with 6 small screws. Getting it out by myself was a challenge. I moved it to the door and got my floor jack to help me lower it to the ground. After it was out, I swept up and took my leaf blower and blew all the dust out the rear access compartment. That is why the first picture is so cloudy. When the dust settled, I took apart the cabinet work under the front window, so I would have easier access to the12v compartment. I purchased a 12v fuse block and a 12v panel. The fuse block is just for the the connection of truck to the Airstream. It controls the trailer lights and turn signals. The old one was rusty and I had trouble getting the brake lights to work because of the bad connections. Once again I ran out of time and will finish the 12v panel the next time I get to work on this money pit. As you can see from the pictures, I am almost to the point where I thought I would have been about 6 months ago ... ready to install the interior.

1 comment:

Chef Bober said...

You should paint something real classy on the floor. For instance, a scale model of the Paul Brown Stadium field. Now,that's classy.