Sunday, September 13, 2009

Time to paint the tub.

I pulled the bathroom out of the camper so long ago that I forgot what it even looks like. After much research, I decided to use a 2 part urethane primer and a top coat. It is the same stuff that is used on car bumpers. I chose a gloss white color to match the porcelain toilet. The toughest part of this paint job was removing the stupid brown flower stick on things that give you traction in the tub . Since the tub is ABS, I could not use lacquer thinner to remove the stickers and adhesive. I ended up sanding the things down to the plastic to get rid of the stickers. The primer and paint went down pretty smooth. I ended up getting a small run in the paint in the sink, but I it not very noticeable and I think I am just going to leave it. All of the pieces look brand new and clean. I cant wait to see them installed. I still need to paint the endcap the same color.

No comments: