Wednesday, August 19, 2009

No more APB!

Airstream Pattern Baldness - A.P.B. I just could not wait any longer. A few months ago Vintage Trailer Supply had a sale on the dual Cyclo and the supplies that I would need to polish the Airstream. I was in the process of changing the running lights over to new LED's and I thought this would be a perfect time to test the Nuvite polishing compound and my new Cyclo. I have not stripped the trailer of the clear coat that was installed in 78. Most of the clear coat was gone on the endcaps already, so I just used some lacquer thinner to get rid of the rest of it. It takes some time to get used to the process, but it really was not as bad as I had envisioned. It took a few hours to do 80% of the front Endcap. I will admit that I did not do a very good job, but dont really care. This is just a trial and I will have to go back later and do a proper job. It makes a world of difference. I can't wait to have the whole thing shiny.

No comments: