Monday, September 28, 2009

I've got gas.

A truer statement has never been made. I always have gas, but now my Airstream has gas. I plumbed the new copper lines from front to back tonight for the Liquid Propane. I saved all the old fittings, but used all new lines. I could not find new fittings that had the same configurations, so I reused the old ones. Not to mention, new propane fittings are extremely expensive. The old shutoff valves are about $30+ each. I chose to scrap them and use new ball valves. I have a 5/8 line that runs from the two 40lb tanks in front to just behind the door. At this point, it splits off to 3/8" lines that go to the appliances. I will need gas for the furnace, fridge, water heater and stove. I needed to purchase a new flaring tool to make all the connections. The larger lines have a single flare, and all the smaller lines I used a double flare to make up the connections. I also polished up the panel next to the water heater so I could install the new Marinco Stainless Steel power inlet.

No comments: